Altered Carbon is based on the 2002 novel by Richard K Morgan. Set in a future where consciousness can be digitally stored and transferred between bodies, called sleeves, Takeshi Kovacs, played by Joel Kinnaman and Will Yun Lee, wakes up 250 years after his last death and is tasked by Laurens Bancroft, played by James Purefoy, to solve a murder. To do this Takeshi must enter the world of immortal elites called Methuselahs, or Meths for short.
Chris didn’t enjoy Netflix’s The Ritual
Javier decided to sit down and watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban this weekend.
When we last left them, Kovacs finally found out whose sleeve he’s been borrowing. Then Ortega is attacked in the precinct’s elevator by the Ghostwalker who is trying to free Dimi the Twin.
*** SPOILER FREE ***
*** SPOILERS AHEAD ***
Results of the Bancroft case:
- Laurens Bancroft impregnated Lizzie Elliot
- Miriam almost killed Lizzie, terminated the pregnancy, then made Lizzie insane through Wei Clinic
- This lead to Reileen forcing Miriam to drug Laurens
- A drugged Laurens RD’s a hooker
- This makes Mary Lou Henchy jump from Head in the Clouds
- Henchy is coded as Neo-C, so Laurens influences the UN to vote against Resolution 653
- In his guilt, Laurens kills himself before the backup to forget what he had done
Laurens is arrested for RD
Miriam is arrested for sleeve death and forceful termination of pregancy
Reileen is RD’d by Takeshi who shot her in the stack after infecting her backups with Rawlings Virus
Quellcrist Falconer is out there…
Stack technology: benefit (solve murders) or harmful (Abuela Ortega)
Differences from the book
Question: Did the mystery live up to the premise?
Question: Would you recommend the show?
You can find us on twitter as @electricstream or go to electricstreams.com. Also, you can email us at email@example.com.
Music: Extreme Parkour by Alex Grey